Tassimo coffee maker blocked

Hi trying to clean my coffee machine but no water getting through. I've cleaned it. I do on a regular basis. What can I do now?

Reply to
Linda

replying to Linda, Bob wrote: Start by giving some useful information. Make, model, how old, what exactly is happening/not happening. How are you trying to clean it?

The information you gave is only sufficient for mind readers. There are many Tassimo machines and they are different.

Reply to
Bob

Buy a new one?

Reply to
GB

Try a stronger solution of de-scaler, made with hot water, left overnight

If not successful, that's about the level of it, a chance to upgrade to a bean-to-cup machine, I've bought several "refurb" machines (for self and family) from this seller

if you keep an eye out for a week or so, you ought to "win" one for around £100, depending if you want plastic or chrome finish ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have a Bosch bean-to-cup machine. No way was I getting into pods.

Rather more expensive, but it's excellent.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Linda used his keyboard to write :

Angle grinder?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Brick acid?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

:-)

Caustic soda might actually be more effective, or just a prolonged soak in strong bicarb, on the basis that the blockage probably consists of coffee grounds bound together with tannins, aka tannic acid, soluble in alkali.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Acid should dissolve the limescale.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

True, but usually the problem & solution are the same on them all.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Well there surely has to be some kind of filter in there, maybe it just needs removing and replacing. There are so many designs for these but it seems to me that if water can go in and not come out the place its supposed to there is a very big clue! Of course it could be a valve that is stuck. With modern equipment its been my experience that much of the time they want them to be unrepairable. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Why do you have to argue all the time and offer such specious objections ?

The principle Bob enunciated is perfectly sound.

In many cases when asking technical questions either on Usenet or Web forums, questioners simply don't give sufficient details, when they should be encouraged to do so, at every opportunity.

As a result of their not doing so, people waste their time giving answers which aren't applicable at all, or try to guess what the questioner is talking about. And very little if any useful information is forthcoming at all.

In this particular case, you being the all-knowing fount of wisdom that you clearly are, are stating for a categorical fact that the OP didn't actually need to provide any of this information. However its doubtful if the OP will have known that at the time. Same as anyone else lacking the in depth knowledge of Tassimo coffee makers to which you are clearly privy .

Anyway so as avoid any such misunderstandings in the future, given your clearly extensive knowledge in this area. perhaps you could prepare a list, possibly to be appended to the Wiki of appliances, tools etc. where potential questioners won't need to give the model number, how old it is, and exactly what is happening when asking their question ? As it would obviously save everyone so much trouble as compared with the questioner having to include all this information in their original question.

michael adams

michael adams

I think you are a nice guy looking to provide an optimal solution to the OP's question, but don't forget that we are just a bunch of old farts having a natter on the internet. We have no particular obligation to help the OP. Especially, if the OP put very little thought into the question posed.

Indeed, as she didn't have the nous to give basic details about the machine or what cleaning she had done, it is highly likely that she is unhelpable. (Hence, my suggestion to buy a new one, which is probably the optimal solution for her.)

Reply to
GB

You misunderstand.

I'm not looking to provide an optimal solution to the OP's question in any way. The question was posted via a web portal" Homeowners Hub"., a commercial operation who leech off of this group

Indeed. And Bob who may or may not consider himself an old fart enunciated a general principal -

that questioners in general should be encouraged to provide sufficient detail so as to enable others to answer their question.

While NT who's a self proclaimed old fart, but possibily not quite as old as other posters who maybe chose not to wallow in such a persona, which to be honest for some people at least, gets a bit wearing after a time, sought to question the general principle Bob was espousing.

Solely by reference to a single exception, or at least so he claims, Tassimo Coffee makers. Now whether NT is correct in his assertion that all Tassimo coffee makers are identical in this regard, is totally irellevant to the validity of the general principle Bob was espousing.

In other words, not to put to fine a point on it as is often the case with NT, he was spouting total nonsense.

michael adams

michael adams

another answe is that there is an electrical problem so that the water is not boiling and then being forced through the capsule.

Reply to
charles

do you think all advice here is good?

yes and no. It's one of those repair jobs where almost 100% of the time the blockage is limescale, and acid is what fixes it. So you can get into the details but practically it's pointless, the best thing is to descale it, an d only if that fails to look more closely at what's going on - or bin it.

very true

every? :) You can waste their time if you want.

now you're being silly

at this point they don't, as I've explained why.

Knowing that around 99% of coffee maker blockages are limescale is just rep air basics knowledge.

feel free to waste your time on that

you can debate what is 99% likely to be irrelevant with the OP if you want.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

once again you fail to get the facts or conclusions right and end up wasting people's time. You like doing that don't you.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Brian, my soon to be exes in-laws bought half a dozen coffee machines they threw at me because they blocked.

All different makes. All I tried to descale. I am not bad at fixing stuff. Not one ever worked again.

Lie the Nutribullet my wife burned the bearings out of on day one, they are fashionable shit that is not designed to work beyond the duration of the national advertising campaign.

Unless you are prepared to spend thousands on a pro machine, they are simply not worth buying.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Very little of the acid gets right into the end of the tube where the blockage is.

Reply to
GB

I have one of these (but bought from new), highly recommended!

Reply to
newshound