Coffee maker cable

I'm looking for a cable for an ancient Russell-Hobbs coffee maker, model 3010/P. The plug is similar to a standard IEC one, but has a notch opposite the earth pin to accommodate a corresponding raised section in the socket on the device. I have looked at many parts suppliers, and they seem to think that this particular model is just too ancient. CPC don't seem to list it, ebay just has a generic image which it repeats so you can't see the actual plug end itself. Ditto Amazon. What is displayed is the unit without the cutout part, so no good.

The moulded plug that goes into the coffee maker seems to have burned out or otherwise failed. A new plug that I could add to the old cable would be fine.

If anybody can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Davey

Is it an IEC C15 connector, commonly called a 'hot' IEC connector?

for instance:

(out of stock until next week)

or (possibly a bit on the long side):

Theo

Reply to
Theo

You want a 'hot' condition lead. Vast choice on Ebay.

Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks, folks. The word HOT is clearly the key here. I notice that even at least one of those cited shows an image of a plug without the cutout which is defined by the C15 designation. I will now choose the most suitable available lead.

Reply to
Davey

My local tip had a box full of them. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Local Maplin (which I think closed for good 11 mins ago) had them, reduced to just £5 each.

Or I think I saw some of the line sockets only in the 10p stickered section .

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog