Making a very hot cup of coffee

I am trying to have 2 questions answered before I need the repair. Please pardon, my question, if you feel it is off topic. I have wrote emails to the Vendor and contacted them by phone for a week, No return phone call or email.

I just purchased an expensive Cuisinart Grind & Brew Automatic CoffeMaker with Thermal Carafe, model DGB-600.

I love very, "HOT" coffee. The directions included say the following:

"Prewarm carafe with hot water to help keep the coffee hotter".

I tried that with normal hot water from the sink and then placed "filtered cold water in the coffee pot. The coffe came out cold. So I know, I need to place hot water inside the coffe maker.

So my question is this. I have a Hot Water Dispenser in the house, set to 190 degrees. Can I use this temperature "hot water" directly inside the carafe to keep the carafe warm.

Also, can I use the 190 degree hot water to actually make the coffee.

I will be making coffee by using it's "grind the beans" on demand function.

Thanks much,

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

contact the manufacturer

Reply to
effi

Might I suggest alt.coffee? There you will learn more than you want to know about coffee. After reading the stuff there I went out and built myself a coffee roaster so now I have fresh coffee to drink.

You can also buy an electric kettle. These will boil water faster than a microwave and that will give you 212 degree water.

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube, then they come up with this striped stuff.

pardon, my question, if

them by phone for a week,

with Thermal Carafe, model

cold water in the coffee

the coffe maker.

190 degrees. Can I use

snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I think you should return it , its broke.

Reply to
m Ransley

Read the instruction booklet that came with the coffe maker. You are supposed to plug the coffeemaker in first and also you don't pour the water directly through the filter. There should be a holding tank that you fill up. Hope that helps.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Lewis

"effi" wrote:

Effi,

When I wrote that I emailed the Vendor and phoned them, I was referring to the Manufacturer. On the phone calls, after about waiting 10 minutes, they produce a message, saying that the phone lines are busy and call another day. Been doing that for a week.

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

degrees. Can I use

No. Use cold water. Microwave your coffee to the temperature of Lava. Or use a coffee press like I do.

Reply to
Gino

Roger,

Before I posted to this newsgroup, I searched for a "coffee" newsgroup. I did not find one. I re-did my search after your suggestion. I guess my ISP does not have this newsgroup.

I previously bought a Perculator. For me, what a pain to clean. The electric is built into the canaster, so you have to be very careful washing it. Real pain.

I did recently learn, that you can get a Perculator that does not use an electric cord and can go on a range.

However, I really just wanted the answer to "how hot" my water can be to warm the "carafe" and also how hot, my water can be.

Thanks for your input.

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

The answer you won't hear but can be true: Using hot water will cause you C-Pot to leak and you will be electrocuted. :)

Reply to
Gino

my question, if

phone for a week,

Get a french press. They make much better coffee anyway and you can control the temperature.

dv

Reply to
Drew V

Mike,

I read the instruction booklet 4 times and also went on to the Manufacturer website. No answer to my question.

When I was referring to filtered water. I have filtered cold water coming from my refrigorator. I like to use this water, than straight from the sink. The filtered water, I poured into the Coffee Maker itself. The holding tank, is where I placed the refrigorator filtered water into.

I do not have a filter for hot water....However, the Coffee Maker, does say it "filters water".

thanks for your input. Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

alt.food.coffee

you can read other groups not carried by your isp at

Charles Spitzer

Do you mean a freedom press?

Reply to
Matt

my question, if

phone for a week,

Yep. I love the foam you get when you pour your first cup. I use a finer grind because I like my coffee a bit chewy.:) Want flavor? Throw in a vanilla bean!

Reply to
Gino

my question, if

phone for a week,

I have a french coffee press that I bought at a rummage sale. I have a

1500W electric kettle that I recently bought at Wal-mart for $30. (I wish I had a 3000W British electric kettle, but they are hard to come by in North America, and I'd have to run a new circuit for it.) Anyway, the electric kettle and french press combination makes a litre of scalding hot coffee very quickly.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

leandro rizzuto is the sole owner of cuisinart and conair

send him a letter, certified mail, return receipt requested, spelling out your dilemma, to:

Mr. Leandro Rizzuto, President Conair Corporation

1 Cummings Point Road Stamford, CT 06902

or try calling him at (203) 351-9000 (cuisinart's phone number)

either he stands behind his products or he doesn't

Reply to
effi

Please tell me the CMC does not stand for Command Master Chief.

If the Navy has started making CMC's out of people that can't make coffee..... well, it's changed since the days I was there. (If I didn't hate smiley faces so much I would put one here)

Reply to
Matt

No, usually makes things worse. Hot water will not set off the sensors in some units.

How cold is the cold coffee? If it is not heating properly, it may be a defective unit. Take a temperature reading to see what you really have. Most coffee brewers say something in the 180 range is the "best" temperature, but it will drop more in the carafe. If you fall far below, take it back. If it is still not as hot as you like, perhaps no drip brewer will do the job for your preferences.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

did not find one. I re-did

OK so you want some coffee education try

.

electric is built into the

electric cord and can

Perculated coffee is probably the worst way to make coffee.

warm the "carafe" and also

Plain water can only be heated to 212F at sea level. Your instant tap probably can't be adjusted that high to prevent overpressure. an ordinary tea kettle can be used on the stove top to heat the water to boiling to preheat your carafe.

The temperature of the coffee coming out of your brewer is probably going top be less than 190 degrees. If you really like to drink liquids that scald your mouth, why not just take the cup of coffee you pour from your carafe and give it a zap in the microwave?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Even my crappy news server had 22 different coffee groups listed.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN