Proper way to clean a wood floor in excellent shape

I have wood floors. I like to walk around the house in socks or bare feet. I vacuum these floors weekly and polish then with Murphy's.

However, after a single day, my white socks are dirty. I even tried washing these floors twice in a single day. It just seems that my socks still get dirty from what ever dirt I am leaving on the floor. These floors are in nice shape and the shine is still on them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much,

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Lay off the Murphy's. Too much is no good.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

vacuum these floors

these floors twice in a

am leaving on the

With that resume, I'm surprised you are asking. I use Murphy's (soap) on wood furniture and see no signs of dirty residue. Damp mop with clear water and hit it with Murphy's/rinse less often. Got carpet anywhere? Mebbe the carpet is soiled?

Reply to
Norminn

I would reduce the Murphy's use. Damp mop and make sure you change the water often. And damp means damp not wet. You may want to consider the possibility of additional air cleaning. Also add dry moping (which is what you are doing with your socks now.)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Just wear black socks, or maybe an oil residue is left , try a different soap, is your AC running, if so a better filter might help.

Reply to
m Ransley

I would guess as well that the murphy's is leaving a residue. For almost all wood floors, a lightly damp mop is all you need to make sure they are clean. Keep in mind though that within a short amount of time, the household air will deposit dirt/dust back onto them.

Reply to
info

vacuum these floors

these floors twice in a

am leaving on the

snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

Reply to
bamboo

According to most of what I've read on caring for wood floors, Murphy's is actually not a product recommended for them. Here's one such item:

Jo Ann

Edw> >I have wood floors. I like to walk around the house in socks or bare feet.

Reply to
Jo Ann

vacuum these floors

these floors twice in a

am leaving on the

Grey socks.

Reply to
Goedjn

Guys,

Thanks for the advice.

I will ty it today.

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

vacuum these floors

these floors twice in a

am leaving on the

snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

Hi I would think that your socks are doing a great job. Because dust do not stick onto a wood floor like those granite or marble does, therefore, the dusts will in fact be cleaned by your socks or your feet.

I do not know much about Murphy, but actually just regular sweeping and damp mopping with clean water would be enough for a wood floor normally.

Michael Ong My Webby:

michaelong

vacuum these floors

these floors twice in a

I am leaving on the

snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

I have heard of great results with a very weak solution of vinegar and water on wood floors. Some people swear by it- do a Google search. DPA

Reply to
NeedleNose