Krups Model 264A "Duothek" coffee maker

Good morning:

I asked this question in a different NG, alt.internet.appliances, which has discussion about small appliances but is not heavily traveled. I thought someone here may have come across this, or may know of a larger appropriate newsgroup.

This is a dual coffee maker; that is, it is two independent coffee makers in one unit. This one is seventeen years old and experiencing it's first problem. But Krups has apparently recently stopped producing its modern equivalents, so I'd like to repair this one. But I can't figure out how to get into it.

The base is mounted with six visible screws and two plastic clamps. With all the screws removed and the clamps released, the base is still solidly held at the front by something not visible.

Has anyone fixed this or a similar unit? I'd appreciate any info on getting this cover off.

Joe

Reply to
Joe