Recessed light shorts out when bulb is installed

Hello all,

I'm doing a simple update of replacing an existing light fixture with a recessed fixture. The wireing is simple (black to black, white to white and bare wire to ground on box). It all seems to go well until I install a bulb to test. Installing the bulb causes a short and and the burned area is on the top of the can where the ceramic socket is helded on with a screw. Can this just be a faulty socket? I had 2 different fixtures do the same thing while a 3rd works fine.

Thanks, Brad

Reply to
bhudson

bamboo

. Agree. May need to install new lamp socket, use a ceramic one if possible.

Reply to
terry