Table-top washing machine

Has anyone tried one of those small table-top washing machines?

For example, the Hinari WM005 used to be sold by Amazon UK:

The Slemcka "Big Egg" was sold here:
well do these small washing machines actually wash clothes?

And where can I still get one from?

Reply to
Andy

I can't imagine that they are of any use at all - a 1kg load? - a pair of jeans and a few socks would fill it up, meaning that you'd have to spend most of your waking moments either loading it or unloading it if there's more than one person in the household.

Reply to
Phil L

I know someone who bought one. They are fine for very small articles like socks and delicate underwear, although they are a bit rough in working. For anything like serious washing they are a simple waste of space and money.

Reply to
EricP

Years ago, the "Which" magazine ran a review on washing machines. The table-top version was also reviewed in passing. They, at the time of the survey, didn't perform well at all. The review panel advised washing by hand in stead! On the other hand, their performance may have improved through these years....

Reply to
Lin Chung

Whatever the size of table top, I've found a damp cloth to be best. If it's wood, I might rub a bit of Mr Sheen on from time to time.

Whoops. My mistake.

Reply to
Jonathan

Don't ever get a table top sewing machine because you'll find that table tops are hard to sew. :-)

Reply to
Andy

Handwashing is quicker easier and better. If they added an automated control system, even a basic one, they might be of some function, but as it is theyre a waste of time.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

...or reproduction furniture for that matter. I bought a table and a chair a few months ago, and now I'm overrun with chables....

Reply to
Jonathan

The table top machine is for someone who really and truly HATES handwashing.

They can't use the main washing machine because the owner has a phobia that washing smalls in it will contaminate the machine.

I know, I know. What can you say.

So a table-top machine just for smalls seems to be a solution.

Reply to
Andy

Ah, hadnt thought of that. Maybe they have some functionality for washing nappies then.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Put the smalls in a pillow case for washing and pretend that they like clean pillow cases every day.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

How about a camping/caravanning twin tub?

Bob Mannix

That looks quite neat. Wonder what its performance is like?

Reply to
Andy