Hers a puzzle for the Digi-TV freaks?

We have three (presumably) identical sony STB's attached to three separate TV's all driven by boosted signals from a labgear dist amp.

Last night ONE, and only ONE was giving either 'no audio/video or a red screen announcing that yes, you had BBC4, but it wasn't actually on.

The other two were showing the Copenhagen film.

All showed 100% signal level and quality.

By going into the manual tune section, I was able to pull BBC4 up on channel 39..

I selected it, and then on exiting the menu, but not before, finally normal service was resumed.

I cannot for the life of me puzzle this one out...anyone got any ideas?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Gremlins. Definitely.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

He said it was 'Copenhagen film' ?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I wonder if he'd paid the £5 for the night's viewing? .... ummmmm... at least I've heard that's the current rate.

Reply to
PeTe33

If you select BBC3 or BBC4 before 7:00pm then the red screen stays on after 7:00pm and you have to select another channel and then go back to BBC3 or 4 to get the real picture. There's a note to this effect on the red screen.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Yerrs. But this was after 7pm. I wonder if the clock on that unit is wrong..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher