Flushing toilet getting harder

Hi,I've installed a new toilet which has a concealed cistern with a pus

button flush.When new (only 2 weeks ago) the button slid in very easil and popped out again quickly.Now the kids are having problems gettin it to flush and it's taking longer for the button to 'pop' out.Wha would be the best to 'lubricate' the button? bearing in mind its only plastic case with a rubber plunger to compress the air to make th toilet flush.

Cheers And

-- sqferryman

Reply to
sqferryman

Washing up liquid is the best thing I tried. You need to renew every 6 months or so.

hth

Reply to
Brian Drury

Fairy Liquid?

Is that why it's named after an erstwhile perversion?

Personally if I'd have swallowed quick setting conctrete, I'd take caustic (S word) rather than be submissive to the fairies for six months.

Odd. What happened to the deviate's post?

Ah, now I know. He is a top.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Silicone grease from a plumbers merchant or window rubber spray from a motor factors should do.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Thnaks for replys,I contacted manufacturer (Macdee) and they said a rubber gasket was obviously hardening they would send a ne one.Complete unit arrived next day - bonus!

And

-- sqferryman

Reply to
sqferryman