American Standard Champion toilet- question about flushing and water splash

Just had a Champion (American Standard) installed .. I like it. my question- when one flushes the toilet, seems like the water splashes somewhat... is this normal? if not, what is the cause and how do I correct it? When I say splash, it does not get the toilet seat wet, but is definitely more water movement than with my toto... Again, this is when one flushes it, right after you press the plunger you get the "splash" then the toilet cleans and 'replaces the water"

Reply to
KOS

I think mine is a Champion "4". Four is for the 4" flush valve. Anyway, mine does not seem to splash. It's a bit louder than an old style toilet, and the water does travel fast, but splash? No not mine.

I lost track of time, I think it's been about 1 year since I installed it. Not one clog. I put the plunger in the other bathroom that only company uses. (Not that it was needed, but just in case.)

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
thegirl

This is not a problem we've encountered before, so we'd like to learn more about it. Can you contact our Customer Service team

and tell us what model you have? We'll report back anything we learn.

Reply to
thegirl

If the poo comes back in your face when you flush, it's a problem.

If the poo goes down the hole when you flush, worry about something important.

Reply to
mkirsch1

I'm not the OP but I do have a simple fix for the the problem of how hard you have to press the handle to make it flush. In normal operation you push so hard on the handle that you can feel the plastic parts flexing. I doubt if it will break, but it sure gives it a very cheap "feal". Scrape up a couple dollars and I'll share it with you.

Reply to
Tony

I too am having the same problem. And I mean that it is a real problem. No one likes having urine mixed with poo splashing back onto the toilet lid and seat. Since this is a brand new toilet and I've just had my whole bathroom remodeled, I would really like to get a fix!

_________________________ Message sent through

wingfoot001

Ive seen this on other toilets, its usually a venting problem. My guess is that it is more of a problem with the Champions because of their high rate of flush.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Try lowering the water level in the tank some. It may help, so long as you still get a complete flush.

Nonny

Reply to
Nonny