American Standard Smartvalve 2000

About a year and a half ago, we installed a new American Standard toilet that came with a SmartValve 2000. This filler valve was the best one I ever had until it stopped working 6 months later.

I called A/S and they said they were no longer using the Smartvalve and sent me a replacement unit (Fluidmaster)no charge. I really liked the SmartValve better but I installed what they recommended.

Last week, I'm walking through Lowes and I see a display of SmartValve

2000's!

Looking at Lowes product rating, looks like they still suck, but for $8.00 I probably will give them a try again.

Anyone have any experience with these updated SmartValves?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

i also had replaced a toilet with an american standard, CADET... it came with the Smart Valve... well i took it apart to clean it like the instructions say,, it leaked by the seal all the time.. I chekced all the hardware store and could find no new seals or any parts to this thing.. i called up American Standard, they semtme a new one, no charge....before putting it in i went to hardware store and got the Fluid master and put that in instead and it worked great.. they dont have parts for these smart valves...... why take a chance... just replace it with somthing with a proven track record.....

Reply to
jim

jim wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@noname.com:

The FluidMaster is working fine, but I remember the SmartValve being much quieter and filled faster.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

the only thing i remmber about the smart valve is that you cant get parts for it or another one locally so thats why i changed it out..... dont want to mess with it when not feeling well and a little noise is not gonna bother me....

Reply to
jim