WC poor flushing

I've just installed a new BTW pan and concealed cistern. (Macdee Pneu-Compact / Lecico pan).

The water thunders out of the cistern ok but causes a certain amount of splashing of the seat. It doesn't however flush things away very well and I usually have to flush twice. Does anyone know how to improve it?

John

Reply to
jks

jks wrote: ... snipped

Laxatives? :-)

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Is the pan truly level, in all directions?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes.

Most of the water rushes round the rim to the front. Where it meets it causes the plashes.

Reply to
jks

Check the cistern instructions for the maximum hieght above the floor If its too high the water will literally go too fast, it sounds lik you need a gentler flush

-- Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Sounds like you may have some blocked holes around the rim which are allowing most of the water to fizz round rather than wash the bowl. Try fishing a bit under the rim to check that all wash ways are clear, something like a tie wrap is good for this You may find a mirror useful to check around the underside of the rim also

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "jks" saying something like:

Take smaller and more frequent dumps.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Indeed.

We have 3 tytpes of toliet hear.

Brand 1. about ten years old rescued from old house, dirt cheap from B & Q. Works fine.

Brand 2. Snazzy edwardian style from Ideal shanks or something. Flushes well with lots of water but misses the bit that soft turds stuck to..

Brand 3. Bathstores edwardian bollocks, bought in an attempt to solve th eabove problem.

Washes the bowl clean but fails to deal with man sized turds at all. They simply stay there winking at you as the water boils past..

Apropos of stuff that simply is not for for purpose, the in-laws finally acquired a teapot that actually pours tea without it dripping down the spout..even when full. Its AGA branded. In all my life its the first teapot I have known that actually pours tea..properly.

Conversely their AGA brand stainless saucepans have handles that are falling off due to failure of the spotwelds.

WE need a new thread entitled 'stuff that actually works..'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This one ?

this ?

Hmm.. have good success with ours...

Reply to
Andy Hall

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Everything looks ok and the cistern is as low as I could get it.

I think the splashing is just bad design and 6 litres is not enough for a proper flush.

John

Reply to
jks

It's fairly well-known that a spout which starts near the bottom of the pot works far better than one which is a welded-on after-thought at the top (as per your average cafe one-cup job) which merely dribbles tea over the edge when slightly inclined. Something to do with the water pressure, I think.

I have one of these natty John Lewis jobs that never drips (it also sports a filter for use with loose tea):

the OP, I have recently moved house and so have two "new" loos. The upstairs one has a dual-flush mechanism that works very well, while the much older downstairs one also works well but uses about 3 times as much water ;-) I forget the make of the dual-flish one but would certainly recommend it. I've used others which are just, well, crap...

Reply to
John Laird