Indesit Washing machine not spinning

Hi,

My Indesit WN1196 WG is not spinning, I opened it up and then it was spinning again for 5 minutes. Can the cause be the Carbon Brushes ?

I found a website with brushes but I am not sure if it are the right ones

brush kit Hotpoint, Creda, & various other makes of machine fitted with GEC motors. This brush kit is fitted to late 18 series and early 95 series machines. The brush section is 9mm x 4mm Pack size - 1 pair

I hope you can help. thanks Ron

Reply to
ronst

My indesit WN1196Wg washing machine is not spinning.

What can it be ? Can it be the carbon brushes

I found a website with brushes but I am not sure if it are the right ones

brush kit Hotpoint, Creda, & various other makes of machine fitted with GEC motors. This brush kit is fitted to late 18 series and early 95 series machines. The brush section is 9mm x 4mm Pack size - 1 pair

I hope you can help. thanks Ron

Reply to
ronst

Being of a DIY frame of mind I am Dumping It Yonder by taking my old un apart and carrying it to the local skip in pieces.

On the way I am examining its nether regions. How does the filter/pump work for example? (No idea. I stripped it and can't make much sense of it.) ((Found a quid in it though.)) And can I use it for -for example; removing the diesel from my petrol tank next time I do that. And what voltages might I encourage it to work in (however briefly)?

The door was a revelation. I could easily have moved it over from a RH swung to a LH. (Maybe with a few wire extentions -but easily none the less.)

Removing the concrete block from the top makes handling the bloody thing a piece of cake. Not that it is much use without it. (Nor with it though, too neither!)

Stand by for ye nexte ynnestallemente: 1001 thynges to do with ye barrelie thyngie.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

No, it may melt due to the seals not being compatibel with diesel.

Probably mains, though if you don't know how to do this, it's really not a good idea to fool with it. (a ELCB may protect you from death somewhat)

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Every little helps eh?

The barrel is a useless coffee table not just because I drink tea and lager. The door is an ideal reciprocal for washing machine nuts, bolts and screws. Also a lousy coffee table -mostly on grounds of height. (Also shape, size and having a bloody big hole in it.) But at least it is small enough to tuck out of the way.

It would make a good ashtray if it was smaller -and I smoked and needed an ashtray. So what does one do wth a coffee table that is too small and an ash tray that is too large? I strongly suspect that had washing machines not been invented these things would go out of style rapidly.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

You could try enlarging some of the holes, and planting strawberries in it.

Reply to
Ian Stirling