Washing machine brushes .. <sigh>

Hi All,

So, when I blew the carbon out of the washing machine motor and stopped it tripping the RCD I noticed that they were pretty worn.

I have since run it a couple of weeks and picked up a set of Qualtex Carbon Brushes "to fit: AEG, Creda, Hoover motors (Car48)" (ours is a AEG Lavamat Digitronic 6100)

So I take the motor out today and go to change the brushes .. and guess what .. ah, you have .. yest they were the wrong ones ;-(

So I popped up the local parts shop and their database suggested the same brushes, but I found on the rack a set of brushes for a Bosch machine called Car93 (I think).

The ones I bought were 5.99 (market) and the shop ones were 18.99 (so I left them). ;-(

Now before you say "it serves you right for buying from the market' it looks like without the old brushes in hand the 'shop' would have given me the same (incorrect) ones (but at 3 times the price).?

So, I've put the motor back in (it'll last another week) and the market man is going to get me the correct pair.

Anyone care to explain how a 'Bosch' motor brush seems a better match for the brushes in an AEG machine (apart from they were possibly both made in Germany) please?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

CPC supplied me with replacement brushes (Hotpoint parts sealed in Hotpoint wrappers) and ISTR they were under a fiver.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel