T I M

Hey sorry to hijack the thread, but if you're reading this T I M were you ever able to find the jumper settings for your 2.5" SATA HDD to force 1.5Gbps? I know that's a very random question and in the wrong thread (again, really sorry all!) but I think you'll appreciate how illusive that information is! I think I've now read every one of the billions of pages in Google's databases trying to find the answer.

Help!!!

Reply to
94dgrif

On 06/08/2011 02:05, rain_goes snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote: I think I've now read every one of the

But not the installation document of the drive manufacturers?? Try their website.

Reply to
Adrian C

What's the make and model number of the drive?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Erm, to be honest I can't remember the particular case (I do quite a bit of PC playing) therefore what the outcome was (I can't remember not resolving anything that way).

I did install a couple of 3.5" SATA drives for a mate and I think I remember jumpering them down to 1.5Gbps (successfully). [1]

The main issue was finding the small jumpers but I've since bought some. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] I think I initially stripped down some thin stranded cable and carefully wound one strand figure_of_eight round the particular pair of pins to prove the solution till I found some proper jumpers.
Reply to
T i m