Draught under front door

Hello all

I have replaced the draught seals on all of our windows and doors using Aquamac21 which fits into the slot in the frame and this has helped immensely, however I am still getting a draught under the front door.

The front door step has a seal on it that is approximately 10mm high which looks to be warn and also deformed in shape.

Does anyone know if I can fit a new strip into the door step, i.e. is it just slotted into the step as I obiously do not want to pull at it if it is fixed in some other way.

If I can fit a new strip does anyone know where I can get one from?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Cowans

Sorry to hijack your thread but you'll probably find this useful too!

I'm considering retrofitting this kind of seal to my doors and windows. In fact it is one of the prompters for me to buy 'My First Router'. I'm think that routing frames in situ will not be ideal and I will have a problem at the corners.

other niggles are there with this job and how do you solve them, or is it a none starter?

OP - see link for compatible seal

Reply to
visionset

I used that exact cutter to fit seals to my front doors. However it's a substantial 1/2" cutter, routing in situ would be tricky to say the least. Might be possible if you make up a jig that helps you keep the router exactly where you want. My door frame was done flat on the bench, results were excellent. A (somewhat odd, but may be effective) alternative might be to remove the door and route that to carry the seals.

Reply to
dom