"Stoves" gas hob igniters?

I have just broken the front two spark igniters on a gas hob. It's the ceramic cylinder around the front igniters. Now the spark leaks away before it reaches the proper place.

They seem to be a fairly standard part for gas appliances.

Anyone got a place to obtain them please?

Reply to
EricP

EricP,

I get mine direct from Stoves. I can't remember the address off hand but if you try googling for them, then you should come up with web address.

BTW, I'm gettig a problem with the cables from the spark generator leaking to earth before the current even gets to the plug! Must get new ones at some stage.

rian G

Reply to
Brian G

Thanks Brian, my wife remembers we have the parts list somewhere here! lol

Somewhere oveeerrr the rainbow, there is a parrrttss list!

:))

Reply to
EricP

I have managed to do temporary repairs on these in the past using exhaust assembly paste intended for cars.

sponix

Reply to
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

I was about to investigate fireclay. Now I have two avenues to investigate!

:)))

Reply to
EricP

Purimachos fire cement might take it to three. Trouble is you have to buy about 500g minimum and will only use a fingerful at most.

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt

It's still a bit coarse for this sort of repair - if you've still got the fragments, you might glue them together with Sperex high temperature paint, or similar.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I only dod a temporary repair until the new parts arrived so don't know how long it'll last.

I used the putty that comes in a tube to stick the broken insulator back together. Haven't seen it for years so dunno if still available.

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Fireclay doesn't work as an insulator for these. It's porous and around a cooker it will soon collect enough grease and grime to become conductive (at those voltages). I'd use epoxy, filled with a mineral filler (silica or chalk dust)

You can also fillet an old spark plug

Reply to
Andy Dingley

If you have your instruction booklet it would be handy for ordin parts.... You need the GAS COUNCIL number G.C. number of the appliance Also the Serial number of the appliance

Phone HRPC a part of the Plumb Centre chain and tell them what you looking for........

unfortunately you need to be corgi reg to work on a gas app...they ma not sell you the parts without proof of reg..

-- gastec

Reply to
gastec

Thanks everybody. :))

Reply to
EricP

They _may_, but I was not asked when I bought a gas valve the other week.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Says who?

The only requirement of the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations is competence.

Membership of CORGI (class of persons as defined by HSE) is required for professionals.

They may choose not to for their own reasons, but there is no legislation requiring that they don't.

Reply to
Andy Hall

So only a CORGI registered person can collect parts? Do you need to be CORGI registered to drive a van?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Whenever I have been in a depot I have never seen them ask even the most clueless drop in visitor who obviously could not have ever been described as competent in any way. Profit is the name of the game

Reply to
John