SOT: Outlook transfer problem

I now have a second SSD (1TB). Thanks to all who advised at the time.

I would like to move the Outlook pst file to the new drive (as it is much bigger).

There seems to be a lot of confusion with various suggestions ranging from moving the file outside Outlook then allowing Outlook to find it to changing the destination inside Outlook. I tried moving the pst file but Outlook recreated the existing one. I can't see how you could change settings without moving the file. I am concerned about creating duplicates as this could cause havoc.

Could any one point me in the right direction? Thanks

Reply to
Scott

Close Outlook down. Copy the pst to the desired location, leave the original in place Open Outlook, navigate to File/Account Settings/ and select the account name Click on Change Folder and change file location from old to new Repeat if you have more than one account. Close Outlook and reopen it to make sure it's not having a sulk. Delete old pst.

I've done this several times over the years, such that I could remember how to do it.

Reply to
Peter Johnson