Some customers as so smart

Just had one phone up and ask me how many metres of armoured cable they need to power up their summerhouse.......

Reply to
ARW

Which bit are you commenting on? Powering a summerhouse or ringing before 08:30 on a Saturday morning.

(Written with a lightweight but protected cable going to our shed-with-windows... :-) )

Reply to
polygonum

I get people ringing at 7:30 on Sunday mornings, as late as 10pm at night, all hours.

I also get my share of daft customers;

"Can you fix my airing cupboard door"?

"I should think so, whats wrong with it"?

"I don't know, you're the handyman".

"Well, won't it open, or won't it shut"?

"Yes".

The Medway Handyman

Erm, don't get it, if they don't know how far away thier Summer house is, how do they think you will?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Them damn rats and squirrels... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So you are going round there to measure up, meaning your minimum charge, plus weekend penalty payment plus out of hours penalty payment. Should be good for £200+...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Were they asking you for a quote, or just free design advice (using the Mystic Meg forecasting tool) so they could do the job themselves?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

I am nearly always out of bed before 7am.

Reply to
ARW

And on your way home? lol

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Only on a Satuday or Sunday morning:-)

Reply to
ARW

I wish.

Reply to
ARW

I asked them to get out a tape measure. I then dropped the cable off for them on my way to work.

Reply to
ARW