sockets

I'm about to have the walls replastered in the bedroom there are two double sockets and one light switch is it best to take the boxes out while the plasters are doing the walls if so is it safe wire into temporary junction boxes and turn the electricity back on

Reply to
manxman

On 15 Jun 2004 10:59:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@manx.net (manxman) strung together this:

Leave the boxes in, take the faces off. You can either completely remove the and make the cables safe or just take out the screws and have the plastere work round them. If he's any good they won't be too much of a challenge!

Reply to
Lurch

If he doesn't insist you turn off the power while he does though I'd start looking for another plasterer - and a phone number for an undertaker possibly.

Reply to
G&M

You haven't been on many building sites have you ? ROFL !

Reply to
BigWallop

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:34:16 GMT, "BigWallop" strung together this:

Just what I was going to say!

Reply to
Lurch

Makes his life easier (and gets you a better job) if you make sure there's nothing sticking out of the box -- coil the cables up inside. This means the plasterer can easily trowel across the box and you're more likely to get a flat finish.

When I'm plastering, I cut a piece of cardboard to make a tight fit in the front of the box, and plaster right across it. When I'm done, I carefully cut through the plaster with a knife before it's completely set, extract the card, and trim up the edges back to the box edges.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

That assumes you can find the boxes...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

In message , G&M writes

Pardon ?

Why do people make such silly posts?

Reply to
geoff

In message , Dave Plowman writes

Poke around with your fingers - wait for the tickle

Reply to
geoff

LOL

Reply to