Social non-distancing

It was going to be 15 minutes on that smartphone app we didn't get.

Reply to
Graham.

Clearly a result of an inferiority complex due to lifelong regret at not being brought up to speak it.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

 I simply just don't understand not having the keyboard in Qwerty format !!!
Reply to
Mark Carver
<snip>

Avoids need to change the keyboard for different markets (not so simple for a "tough" keyboard as for a PC/laptop)?

Reply to
Robin

Apart from France, where else would it be significantly different ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

German and swiss QWERTZ

Reply to
Andy Burns

Umm.... :-(

Reply to
Mark Carver

Welsh keyboard?

Andy Burns

The Natural Philosopher

He was bought up to speak it.

Being taught in Welsh was one of his favourite rants. "Where am I going to get a job speaking Welsh", he'd say, If only I'd been taught Spanish, Chinese, etc I'd have a skill that had some worth in the jobs market. They might just as well have taught me to speak Klingon.

Proper Welsh guy, loved rugby, etc.

Reply to
Pancho

Well I don't know what was in Wales but I had in mind eg the various ABCDE keyboards as I've met in various places where weather proof, vandal resistant is required. Eg

Robin

I do wonder if its worth all the hassle of printing the car registration on a paper ticket placed in the windscreen. The council or car park owner many lose a little revenue with people handing over a ticket with tine left on it to another car park user entering the car park. I guess that most people don't regularly buy vast amounts of parking time that they don't use and then bother to hand on the ticket.

Reply to
alan_m

I can't remember the last time I bought a ticket. I use two different apps for different areas, and that's that.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Same here, (5 apps !)  but a year ago on holiday in the Swansea area the council had still not embraced electronic ticket-less parking.

I do disagree with the idea of locking the printed ticket to the car reg. As far as I'm concerned I'm renting 12.5 sqm of land for an hour or two. If there's any time left over, it should be entirely my business whether I gift that to someone else ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

Isn't that the problem, so many different companies offering the service.

You turn up somewhere new, have to download the app, register your details and payment method and possibly having to remember yet another username and password. This is assuming that you have a phone signal at that location and its not somewhere in Wales in the shadow of those hills.

Much quicker with contactless payment by card BUT I have encountered a toilet in a English town where the 20p fee to enter is via card only but it didn't work with cards issued in the USA.

Reply to
alan_m

You might feel differntly when faced with a busted window and a parking charge notice after some toe rag has helped themselves to your non-registration marked ticket. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes, although it was six, but Parkmobile got bought up by RingGo. I expect they will all eventually swallow each other up, and there'll just be one !

Yes. In fact I seem to recall something on the news recently (well, before March) where there was exactly that problem

Most car parks I've used  offer a contactless payment, in addition to the app ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

Shit happens. Can't say I've ever experienced that (yet) in 40 years of motoring ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

Niether have I but I note your "yet". 40 years ago it wouldn't occur to anybody to break in and steal a parking ticket. These days some seem to think they are entitled to do such a thing.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice
<Snip>

Well, whilst I'm honoured that you think that might be the case, I do try not to be by:

1) Understanding what others are requesting / have written, including reading between the lines ... 2) Only replying when I have a reasonable idea of what I'm talking about. 3) Checking up on the facts if I'm not sure.

Now, that doesn't mean I'll always be 100% right but I try my best most times.

I'm certainly not 'never wrong'.

Now, if you constant post BS and lies and I'm constantly proving them to be so, along with the proof, then I guess, from that POV it might appear that I'm 'never wrong'. ;-)

So, the onus is on you to do better, whether it's better research or better trolling. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m