Smart Meters Installed- Octopus

It seems there has been a very recent extension to give companies time to replace the time switches.

Reply to
Brian

I had both those problems for the last year with British Gas.

Worse than not sending readings correctly, their gas meter installed last March wasn't recording them for itself either. The battery had gone flat.

So there are no readings for the past year's gas consumption. The use of estimates for each quarter got overlooked.

A few weeks ago British Gas installed a replacement meter but it still hasn't started sending readings. Once it does, British Gas and I are going to have an interesting debate about how to correctly estimate the consumption for the past year.

Reply to
Pamela

And Captains of ballistic nuclear missile submarines. An all too often overlooked minority, but quite important in their own way.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

The BBC have finally (almost !) clarified the situation

Mark Carver

Can we not record the transmission and re-transmt it to control the meters..?

Reply to
Smolley

IIRC they do a phase shift of the carrier wave so no you cant record that!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In message snipped-for-privacy@bancom.co.uk>, tony sayer snipped-for-privacy@bancom.co.uk> writes

Ha ha. Yes you can.

"record and playback RF, IF and AF WAV files with recording scheduler."

The recorded I-Q files contain the phase data , which can be re-transmitted.

It might be better to program a PIC to emulate it .

Brian

Reply to
brian