Small, decorative, lift-off hinges - proper name, supplier?

I'm after some small (probably 1" or 1.5" or thereabouts) decorative lift off hinges for some panels behind which I need access on my boat.
I'm after the sort that you can mount with most of the hinge hidden but with just the hinge pin visible. Sometimes you can get them with 'decorative' hinge pins with finials or whatever.
So, is there a special name for this sort of thing and/or can anyone suggest a supplier?
--
Chris Green
·

Chris Green wrote:

I just call them "pin hinges" my house has them and very handy too come decorating time, these are the usual 3 or 4" for a door, I'm sure you will find smaller ones ...
<http://www.diy4u.co.uk/Item/loose-pin-hinges-1840-polished-chrome-plated-89l
Andy Burns wrote:

1.5" doughty pin hinge, the pin and hinge sold separately for some reason, they're not the prettiest of hinges though ...
<https://www.stagedepot.co.uk/rigging-install-staging/hardware/pin-hinges
On Sunday, 5 March 2017 17:16:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

Screwless type hinge? http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/ item 140250
concealed rounded cabinet hinges - these would neat with push-push magnetic latches http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/ item 735001
http://www.screwfix.com/p/hafele-push-to-open-catch-steel-50mm/4978p
Or keku panel fixings http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/ item 355267
Owain
snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Definitely not these.

No, they're not concealed.

Huh?

That's not even a hinge! :-)
What I'm after is basically an ordinary hinge which is mounted so that the pin/pivot is exposed in front of the door. It's the old way of providing 180 degree hinges.
--
Chris Green
·

I'll try:
http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/products/hinges/door_hinges/6523013/lift_off_hinge/570521
http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/products/hinges/door_hinges/94/rising_butt_hinge__stainless_steel/214376
https://www.windowware.co.uk/eurospec-grade-11-lift-off-journal-support-hinge-h3n1105-11szp
Any of those? I don't think they'll do 180 degrees, but most of.

They're all the right sort of thing but far too big, they seem to be door (as in door that you walk through) hinges. I want to hinge little panels that are only a couple of feet square at most and weigh less than 1kg (mixed units!).
You used to see the sort of thing I'm after on cheap(er) kitchen units back in the 1960s. They weren't actually lift off but the hinge pin was on a sort of cantilever mount such that it was in front of the door and allowed the door to swing right back against the adjacent door.
I said 'lift off' hinges because I have seen them designed for this sort of job where the hinge pin is exposed.
--
Chris Green
·

Or http://www.sugatsune.com/products/productdetails.cfm?catid=5&subcatid=3&productid 0%20Series

The smallest ones of these would probably suit, however where can I buy them?
--
Chris Green
·

On Sunday, 5 March 2017 17:16:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

http://www.cookebrothers.co.uk/cabinet_fittings/lift-off_hinges.html
http://www.cookebrothers.co.uk/cabinet_fittings/decorative_hinges.html
?
Owain
snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Yes! Thank you Owain, they're what I want. The cranked hinges are what I was trying to describe as used on old kitchen cabinets, the 'decorative' ones might suit very well too.
Thanks again!
--
Chris Green
·

On Tuesday, 7 March 2017 16:03:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

I've not tried this but always thought you could take any hinge, grind the end off the pin & remove the pin, and insert a nail to make it removable.
NT
On Sunday, 5 March 2017 17:16:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

http://schwarte.net/en/produkte/tur-und-fensterbander/einbohrbander/ This kind of thing? Our kitchen cupboards have something similar. Don't kno w where to get them though. They came with the cupboards from Winchmore a g ood many years ago. Edgar
On Sunday, 5 March 2017 17:16:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

They have stainless steel ones in Screwfix but they are 4" Very well made.