Pivot hinges

A long shot I know since there are many different kinds, but. I got a call from a customer to take a look at his closet doors, just installed, but giving him difficulty. A series of 6 doors, each one with a pivot hinge at the outside edge. These close in pairs for each closet section.

The hinges look heavy duty (the doors have mirrors on them and are solid themselves, I think). I tried to lift the door up and out of the hinge so I could look at the mechanism but with no luck. I need access to them to adjust the closing space. The top has an horizontal adjustment, not sure about the bottom.

Enough information to give a suggestion on how to get a door off? I know the light weight ones for louvered doors have a "pin" that can be pushed down to remove it from the track, but don't know if these do. No adjustment screws on the door that I can see.

I went to my door supplier and looked through a catalog but didn't see anything that looked similar. The owner thought they might be German made.

Reply to
Charles Bishop

Try unscrewing the bottom pivot stud so the door drops...then you can get it out.

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH