Slightly OT - looking for source of reinforced tarpaulin fabric

Hi all I'm looking to get hold of a few meters of the sort of fabric/tarpaulin shown in this photo:

from
describe it as a polyester reinforced vinyl. I've failed to find a source in the UK, especially of small amounts that aren't made up into a tarpaulin with hems & eyelets etc. Any pointers?

Thank a lot Jon N

Reply to
The Night Tripper

In message , The Night Tripper writes

There are several dozen square metres floating in the Sunda Straits ATM

- blew off the top of our boat a couple of weeks ago ...

Reply to
geoff

Does it have to be clear?

per meter, 1.5m wide.

Sign shops that print banners may have offcuts or roll ends of the type used for banners.

It might be cheaper to buy a tarp and cut it up

Owain

Hi Owain

£12 per meter, 1.5m wide.

Yes, it does. I want to make it up into small bags (for cables etc) that I can see into.

[...]

Thanks J^n

Reply to
The Night Tripper

Any marquee makers nearby? I've bought offcuts before now.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Offcuts like that would be perfect, but I don't think there are any close enough. I'll hunt a bit more in this direction, thanks.

J^n

Reply to
The Night Tripper

I'd suggest asking a sailmaker. It looks a lot like hi-tech sailcloth.

You'll end up with something like this:

perhaps not at the price!

Andy

Reply to