filter fabric over weeping tile?

Is there any need to put filter fabric over the gravel which covers the weeping tile around the footings of a poured foundation? I have heard of people putting a layer of tar paper over it also. I guess the theory is to stop soil from entering into the space between the gravel. Most local builders simply backfill over the gravel.

Reply to
habbi

The drainage tile should be covered with a sock and the landscape filter fabric should completely surround the gravel which surrounds the tile. Dirt plus water equals mud which will otherwise fill up the tile eventually.

Reply to
Art