Slightly off-topic: plastic kit forum(s)

There used to be a Usenet Group called rec.models.scale (still is, but it's dead), of which I was a keen reader.

Does anyone know where - if anywhere - the contributors to that group went, to discuss issues?

I've recently forced myself to rekindle my interest in building plastic model kits. I retired; then all my spare time started to disappear in doing favours for others (which turned into obligations), and/or into one damned thing after another in the house, or the garden, or in the neighbourhood. My powers have now started to dwindle, so everything I do takes longer, and so all my spare time is disappeareing faster than ever!

Hence: I decided a couple of weeks ago to force myself to spend more time doing what I actually want to do as opposed to what I think I ought to be doing.

Hence my question: where did the modellers go? Every web-based forum I've ever looked at is woeful, compared to the quick-fire, intelligent, informed exchange of ideas and experience that we used to get in RMS. (Combined with the infinitely more powerful organisation of the Usenet platform!)

PS In case anyone in DIY is also a plastic modeller: "Issue of the day" right now for me, modelling-wise, is: how reliable are acrylics these days compared to the old faithful: Humbrol enamels (all of those that I have, have dried in their tins in the last several years). I'm looking at the Humbrol Acrylic "Dropper Bottles".

Cheers all John

Reply to
Another John

Only bit of your post I can respond to. My models are wood, not plastic!

The paints are pretty good. Buy and try a few.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Another John snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote

Facebook, TikTok, Telegram etc.

Yes, those other forums are very different in style, but still useful.

Reply to
Rod Speed