skip diving - whats the best you have rescued?

You tell 'em Maxie. You tell em! Fantastic!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, you are amazing indeed. The things you do. What a way to beat the bailiffs! Fabulous.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, fantastic! You know all the wrong things.

Maxie, what driving technique. Such an expert!

Wow! Maxie you would do 1000mph safely on the M1 as well. What a biker! You can dodge Bailiffs very quickly indeed.

Maxie, you are superior and better.

Maxie, you are the sort who makes the rules.

Maxie, sock it to 'em, sock it to 'em! Fatastic!

Well said Maxie. You are such an inspiration. Such a free sprit and you can't 'arf dodge the bailiffs. And you are in a Paddy band too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Who do those people think they are Maxie. You are a 120mph man - anywhere. And you do Morris dancing too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I did not write Tamesides website.

also says

"The cost of installing and using cameras comes only from drivers breaking the speed limit"

Someone is lying, and I suspect Tameside.

The cameras were camouflaged blue where there were no trees but the street lights had blue posts.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I suspect he means the supplier of the particular desk, as sold through Staples - but as he's replied to the wrong post it appears to read that Staples went bust. Unless it's a particularly cryptic joke that refers to a skip as a supplier...in which case I'd say the act still needs work.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Have you done something wrong?

You don't appear to be abusing anyone unlike TMH. I wonder if BY still chuck people off usenet when they are abusive?

Reply to
dennis

Simply that you are an idiot. Case Closed.

I assume you mean rips 'off'? Could someone here track down Dennis's address for me? I feel that legal action for libel is appropriate.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So it was you that passed me then. My van will not go above 110.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Claimed? I admit I was wrong about the speed as it appears that its 40k/hr not 40 mph but that does cover all vehicles that normally may be driven on the motorway. The fact that some that can exceed that speed are banned for tax purposes doesn't make what I said wrong.

You are not going to get an apology from me over this matter so don't take it as one.

Reply to
dennis

Its quite simple but I do know that TMH is probably too stupid to understand but you? Lets break it down..

"I've bought a desk from Staples before and I can confirm you're better off getting one from a skip."

The desks you can buy at Staples were cr@p.

"That supplier went bust in Dec IIRC."

That supplier (of the desks) went bust in Dec IIRC.

That was easy.

Reply to
dennis

Its meant to be a 'catch all'.

There is no specific legislation that stops you being aggressive, queue jumping, staying in the middle lane, having your lights on main beam or driving too slowly, but they all cause inconvenience or are a hazard to other road users.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Not me guv - I was in the inside lane all the time

'onest guv

Reply to
geoff

Good idea Dennis. Accusing people of ripping off old ladies is abusive.

How do I find his ISP so I can complain?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , "dennis@home" writes

nah - we all know now - you're an old lady in a cripple wagon pretending

Reply to
geoff

You get a court order and ask. Without one anyone that replies with any personal information is committing a criminal offence. You have supplied your information so anyone can use it without committing the same offense. Go ask for your court order so the judge can have a laugh.

Reply to
dennis

replied offlist

Reply to
geoff

Having driven both you can't rely on any difference. Other factors are more relevant, road surface, rain, ice grease etc. At least wood blocks are no longer used for road surfacing, they were lethal!

Traffic density is higher now causing more to drive too close.

Speed limits give an expectation of likely speeds to other more viulnerable road users.

Cars are now heavier.

I see no reason (generally) for increasing speed limits.

I see good reason for more enforcement, particularly by plod who can educate.

Finding such a plod may be difficult.

Reply to
<me9

I had an early '30s ford at one time (not for long). rod operated brakes needed balancing almost daily.

Reply to
<me9

...but if she'd managed to keep in lane while pottering along the motorway at 10mph you wouldn't see a problem? Seriously?

For other traffic doing normal speeds, there's effectively no difference between a vehicle crawling at 10mph and one that's stationary. Do you then also think it's OK for someone to park their car in lane 1 of the M32?

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon