Skip diving

I always have a look in any skips I'm passing, and I noticed that a neighbour has thrown out a Trend Combi 1001 worktop jig. It looks in perfect condition, but it's missing all the accessories that come with it, ie it's just the flat wooden bit. Is this any use without the other bits?

Reply to
GB

I have the Topform jig instead of the Trend, I'd imagine you could make replacement "pegs" either by turning down a section of 1" delrin rod if you have access to a lathe or maybe even drilling and glueing a section of 3/8" dowel inside a length of 1" dowel ... adjust diameters to suit

Reply to
Andy Burns

Well, having 'rescued' the thing from the skip, I can see what's wrong with it. There are a few deep nicks out of it, and I assume those get transferred to whatever you're cutting. I wonder whether it's worth filling those?

Reply to
GB

bodyfiller would be worth a go, if it's made from tufnol or similar

Reply to
Andy Burns