Silica Gel

Does anyone know a shop that sells sachets of silica gel, or a cheap thing to buy that has a sachet in? (Argos 16-day-money-back-free-rental-scheme comes to mind).

I only want one sachet, and know there must be some lurking around the house, but cannot find one.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)

You could try asking in a camera shop.

Reply to
Rob Morley

In message , "Bob Smith (UK)" wrote

Probably an overkill....

or

Reply to
Alan

Found some thanks. Lurking in my box of router bits. Just using it to dry out an indicator bulb lens unit I have re-sealed, then putting it back.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)

I've got a number of sachets saved from various things (there would be a lot less clutter if I didn't save things that might be useful someday) so if you need any more just email me.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

For future ref, you can also use lime. Its slower working but at 25kg for £6 you cant complain!

Reply to
N. Thornton

In message , N. Thornton writes

When CPC sell 250g bags for IIRC about a quid ?

The information contained in this post may not be published in, or used by

raden

I'm surprised they dont charge more. Same game as ready mixed mortar: a kilo or 2 for what, £3,4? Nearly as cheap to buy 25kg of the stuff.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton