Shower screen/door for wet room

I`m attempting the impossible here...

Firstly creating a wet room on a suspended timber floor. This part I have found a solution and am ready to go using products from Wedi. I`ll let you know how I get on with that in a future episode on uk.diy.

Next I need to source a frameless shower door which consists of 2 panels and a door that will go from one wall to the other in a recess for the shower. I have found one site which does them

Problem with this is they aren`t wide enough (I need something between 130-150cm wide). Sods law I find a frameless enclosure that does fit at Fired Earth, but we all know how expensive Fired Earth are don`t we ?! (approx £2K for the shower enclosure in case you were wondering). This leads me onto thinking about getting one made by a glazier or similar. Google searches don`t seem to throw up much and a couple of glass companies I phoned just laughed. Surely it can`t be that hard to get some glass toughened and cut to size, throw in some glass hinges/brackets, door furniture etc and call it a frameless shower enclosure?? Anyone know of anyone who can do this kind of thing?

Steve

Reply to
steve

My experience is that you can get the glass cut, drilled and toughened quite easily (Gibbs and Dandy can get it done), but the fittings are virtually impossible to obtain.

I've given up and we're going to order a frameless "Merlyn" shower enclosure from a local bathroom place.

Reply to
Huge