Shower enclosure without a bottom frame?

I'm on the lookout for a shower enclosure without a frame along the bottom, or at least no frame where the doors open. This is for my daughter who cannot walk, and has to crawl into the shower - the inch and half or so of the frame is a real handicap to getting in and out of a shower.
The only ones I've seen like this are the very expensive glass sheet type enclosures, which are beyond my budget at the moment.
Has anyone seen such an enclosure without framing at the bottom?
Thanks Alan.

✖

Doesn't the Social Services assessment include for this?
--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Have you ever dealt with the local council for such a thing? We enquired about a stair lift. No problem they said, we'll come round and have a look. When they came round, they said they'd have to knock down the toilet and bathrrom walls, re-site the toilet, then fit the lift. No thanks I told them.
So, no, I havent even tried them, as firstly, the total cost is not likley to be much over £500, (which I can just about afford), and I can do it in my time frame, with as little disruption to us as possible, and do it totally as we want it, not how someone else sees the problem/solution. Ta Alan.

✖
On Dec 22, 7:45 pm, a...@darkroom.+.com (A.Lee) wrote:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Bargain-Bathrooms-At-Bathaholic
They have some semi frameless ones, and some all glass doors, all without a bottom frame. Starting from about £100. I've got one - seems good quality, but I've not fitted it yet so can't give a detailed review. What size/shape of enclosure do you need?
✖

Thanks, this one looks promising: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item10009780248
It has got to be 800x760 minimum, that one is 800x1m so fine, if it does have the frameless bottom. The only downside is the height of the tray - 130mm, when low profiles ones at 55mm are available. Thansk Alan.

✖
On 22 Dec, 19:45, a...@darkroom.+.com (A.Lee) wrote:

If the frame is a problem, then I assume the upstand of the tray is too, and what you need is a level access shower tray or wet-room 'altro' floor arrangement
dg
Add pictures here
✖

Not really, as the frame is typically 30-40mm high and 5-10 wide, so easy to scrape a leg/foot on, whereas the tray edges are much smoother, and wider, thus causing less of a problem. 55mm high trays are available, and I's like one of those if I can get the right size enclosure. Ta Alan.

✖
On 23 Dec, 08:21, a...@darkroom.+.com (A.Lee) wrote:

I saw one in Homebase today - basically a 'frameless' type with no bottom or top rails around the glass door and sides.
Only problem is the price - £799. I don't know if this was for the frame, base and shower, or for the frame, base, shower and half the shop and carpark.
dg
Add pictures here
✖

Have you considered making one yourself? Any decent glass merchant will be able to get glass cut and drilled to any template you specify, then toughened. Stick it all together with suitable silicone.
✖