Shower enclosure and tray. Which one?

Hi All

We want to install a shower tray and enclosure in a corner of our bathroom.

Space available is 1000mm x 835mm

We were thinking of a 1000 x 800 offset. (Offset because it is getting close to the loo.)

Any advice on makes, models or anything else? Prefer sliding door(s). Want one that is well made but not in the executive class. Ie. Has easy to operate smoothly running doors and will last a while.

This is enlargement of an existing shower. Existing shower plumbing is OK. I will only have to move the waste.

TIA for any guidance.

Reply to
Invisible Man

Sliding doors are rubbish IMO. I'd get an unframed glass enclosure. I fitted one of these last year:

Cannot fault it, excellent in every way, and a bargain at the price. I've also fitted a couple of the 'P' shaped ones, one bought off ebay for £150 (new), another from B+Q at £600. They were essentially the same, apart from the B+Q one had to be returned twice, as the delivery people had smashed it both times. The P shaped are alright, but nowhere near as good as the one linked above, though in their favour, they are slightly bigger. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

I would suggest a "four upstand" tray so your tiles/wall liners and door/panels sit inside the upstands and you avoid the perennial problem of leakage between tray and walls etc if settlement or movement causes deterioration of any seal material

Reply to
cynic

Thanks for this. There is not a good drop to the soil pipe a little way away so a raise and a fastflow drain seem like a good idea.

Reply to
Invisible Man