Time to do up the shower - heavily used (approx 5 times a day or so).
Corner rectangle enclosure and tray already ordered - just need to
decide what to put on the walls.
Older shower had tiles, with 1.5-2mm of white grout in between, and it
was far from satisfactory:
- grout was cracking every few years and had to be re-done (I am 100%
sure that the wall behind was not the cause).
- The grout (white) was very hard to keep clean-looking.
- Silicone bead between the tiles and the tray failed on a couple of
occasions over the 10 year life of the shower, and had to be replaced.
- Despite using very good quality silicone it was very hard to keep the
mould away, so I had to give it the bleach-treatment a couple of times
We are considering using aqua panel instead or tiles as a result -
something similar to these
Any experience with these anyone? i.e.
- How easy to keep clean?
- Can you safely remove and re-do the silicone at the bottom if needed
without damaging the boards?