Flexible filler/strip for shower tray

I have a shower tray fitted such that I suspect there will always be minor movement.

Any recommendations for particularly adherent and flexible sealnt to go between tiles and acrylic?

Alternatively I have seen sealant strips and the following. Anyone got any experience or recommendations?

for any replies.

It just seems so ridiculous that it is so easy to plumb water supplies, central heating etc. but so difficult to seal a bath or raised acrylic shower.

Reply to
Invisible Man

1/. brace your shower tray so it doesn't flexe much. Or bed it on mortar. 2/. Use a very thick bead of silicone between the tray and the WALL. 3., Tile OVER that..yes the tile cement wont stick very well to the silicone, but the tile should be bigger than the bead.. 4/. use grout to fill the gap between the tiles and the tray, or if uyou must, more silicone. But it looks like shit.

The grout may show hairline cracks, but it will look better than the silicone does, and there is a seal behind the tiles now..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mm, contrary to popular belief perhaps, the hard part of plumbing is rarely the supply of water at pressure, but instead dealing effectively with the waste!

David

Reply to
Lobster