Selfbuilder with "L" plates setting up blog

If you are interested in self building and serious DIY then you are more than welcome to pop in to my blog to read, add you own comments, questions and suggest new categories to explore.

Right now I only really have two objectives for it which are to share and gather information for other self builders and to document my own build so my mum can log in and see how its going!

I am new to selfbuilding so if you have information and experience to add then please comment so that I can add it in. So far there is stuff on sound transmission, VAT claims, building and planning regs and that decision about timber frame or masonary. I've got a lot of content in draft that will get published over the next few weeks and am planning in at least an hour each day to update it.

and visit and comment.

Selfbuilder

Reply to
selfbuilder

If you do everything as nicely as the web site, you will succeed.

Reply to
EricP

You have time to selfbuild and build and manage that website? How many hours in your day?

Reply to
Broadback

Well, I look forward to reading how you get on - but if you are self-building do you really think you're going to have the time (or energy) to devote >1 hr/day on blogging?!

Good luck with the build

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks guys, fingers crossed it will stand up! Far too many hours spent online in general I expect but I love it.

Reply to
selfbuilder

Thanks Lobster, and yeah, I'm an addict now! I expect that I'll do three or four bigger writing bursts a week in the end - writing it down really help get it straight in my mind too so I thought I'd share it all at the same time - save other people a bit of time trying to work it out hopefully.

Reply to
selfbuilder