Screws for plasterboard

Just to confirm these be ok:

9.5 ceiling, to use 3.5 x 32 mm screws. 12.5 walls, to use 3.5 x 38 mm screws.

To stick 2 x 12 inch strips of batten to plasterboard using toolstation `sticks like`, would this be suitable.

Reply to
ss

That should be fine - you could go a little longer.

Will it be taking load (ceiling)?

Reply to
Tim Watts

There is a double skin ceiling, I have taken 1st skin off to access wiring, so now replacing the 2nd skin, There are already battens in place creating 40 x 55 `rectangles` one corner has no battens this I think because it misses the joists so thought to stick the battens to the 1st skin. Previous owner had no support in this corner and used the tiles which would have been done after the ceiling as a type of support for the ceiling at that corner. So effectively my stick on battens would be to support 2 sides of a (approx) 12 x 12 inch square. There would be wall tiles added after this which would also butt up against that part of the ceiling.

Reply to
ss

In that case, what you said :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

32 all round is fine. There's no point going OTT to attach a weakish board material.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr