Electrics, insulation, plasterboard....

So. Yes, new workshop walls. Looks as there'll be 25mm Jblite EPS 70, thn rockwool 50mm, then Visqueen, then plasterboard. Ceiling, maybe

150mm Isover glassfibre loft insulation, Visqueen, plasterboard.

I was wondering about surface mounting cable, or maybe running it in runking, but what about running it behind the plasterboard? It would look a bit nicer, but would hat be OK?

Lighting to LED probably individual lamps, maybe in batten lampholders.

Power to sockets using 2.5mmT&E.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Reference method 102 applies if the cable is against the plasterboard and 2.5mm T&E will be OK.

Current carrying capacity of 2.5mm with ref method 102 is 21A. 20A is the minimum CCC before you have to up cable sizes.

Reply to
ARW

+1 to what Adam said...
Reply to
John Rumm

Hm. Adam's (?) reply does not appear.... :(

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Is that still true if the cable is clipped to the stud or joist?

Reply to
Fredxx

That is because you have two mouths and no ears:-)

Reply to
ARW

You do make me laugh sometimes.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I didn't get that one, either. Maybe it'a a failing of the news-swerver. I'sll have to look at Google Groups...

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I've just had a message from trading standards warning people not to fit glass fibre loft insulation as its not allowed any more. Apart from the obvious problems with abrasion and itching of exposed skin, why? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Yep. Gogirl Groups has it; aioe.org does not.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

aioe does have both of Adam's replies

Reply to
Andy Burns

Is it really from TS? Just wondering. A dscam as being perpetrated not long ago, described here:

Chris Bacon

I think you should report trading standards to trading standards then, it's allowed. I can see that trading standards might warn people off the various loft insulation scammers.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah! You're right. He collided with my killfile.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Yeah, we have a repeated, relatively sophisticated, automated nuisance call which I think would be this, if I let it get far enough through its spiel.

Purports to be "Chris, your local energy efficiency advisor" (or similar). Well recorded, english accent. It took a couple of goes before I clocked that it was a bot.

Bournemouth STD code, number now blocked.

Reply to
jkn

Lol, could that be because you put him there?

(see "OT Deposits for pub/restaurant tables" thread on 8th June 21)

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm sure, but I can't remember why.

Oh, well if it was in there, I shouldn't have killfiled him if it was related to the title, which has "OT" in it. Something else, dunno. I winched him out as a test to see what was going on.

Mind you, this is going OT. Maybe I should killfile myself, but I've added in "OT" so I will let myself off this time.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Can't you report that to TS, or the phone people, or something? Might be good to have it dealt with, for the general good.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Have had that many times... not sure if I got the bot version since it seemed possible to engage him/it in conversation. Never did find what he wanted myself, although I think SWMBO may have allowed him to get a bit further on topic before pointing out we have not got a loft!

Reply to
John Rumm

It states it must be in contact with the inner wall.

You might be referring to 100 and 101 which are the loft or insulated ceilings and do allow that.

Reply to
ARW