Screwfix/CORGI update.

Asked the question, got a reply from SF as follows;

"I regret to advise that legally, we are unable to sell Gas Equipment marked with an orange Corgi shield to non Corgi registered plumbers. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may cause."

That was at 13:14.

At 15:30 another e-mail arrived from the same person at SF;

"Further to my earlier email. I can now confirm that the information in our current catalogue 94 is incorrect and you are able to purchase the Gas Equipment, however we do recommend that a corgi registered plumber fits the items. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience this has caused you."

So now we know...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Given that the "information" in the first email is total bullshit, you'd hope that the source of that fantasy would be fired.

Might you forward the email and that recommendation to the M.D.?

Reply to
mike

That's a bit steep, firstly they bothered to get back and correct the error, lot's wouldn't have and secondly they may have got the information from a superior. I guess it would stand investigation though.

Reply to
Andy Barron

The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

Nice one Dave. Maybe you could forward the email to B&Q at Tunbridge Wells too, because I heard exactly the same nonsense being spouted at a customer the other week.

;->

Joking of course

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

If it was an employee working for you giving such bad advice to customers would you want to know about it?

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Fair point, it was whether or not it merited a sacking I was questioning but as i said it should be investigated. I should have been clearer ;o)

A.

Reply to
Andy Barron