saving money by using less leccy

He's confusing it with the layby that all the foreign HGV drivers choose to sleep overnight, rather than pay for proper facilities. They just crap on the grass instead and leave their piss in

2 litre coke plastic bottles.
Reply to
Andrew

We both put our other half in it for half an hour before sex to cool them down as they are so hot.

Reply to
ARW

Well okay then, somewhere near. It's been quite a few years.....

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Or thaw it out under water, which maintains low temperature until it is completely thawed. IME for one or two portion sizes for average room temperature, put into a litre or so of cold water in the morning, it's defrosted but still cool at tea-time.

Reply to
newshound

It may kill the bacteria; it will not kill the enterotoxins left by the bacteria

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That may work for raw meat; it will not work for pork pies or sausage rolls.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Woolley Edge.

And it is a shit hole.

Still it's better than London Gateway.

Reply to
ARW

There's a fine line between quivering and shivering

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Thermal undies going on = shivering.

Thermal undies coming off = qivering.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Yes of course you can kill the bacteria by cooking it again, but that's only the half of it. Whilst they are growing, they are producing toxins in the food that obviously cannot be broken down by further heating. You can cook it as much as you please but it won't help.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Is that the one that used to be called Scratchwood Services?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

"Our tests didn?t find anything that transgressed EU law, which suggests that it is safe to use cling film in the microwave. However to keep any risk of transfer to a minimum, it?s advisable to make sure that your cling film isn?t in direct contact with your food when you microwave it." They only make that statement because of the extreme conditions under which the test was applied. Who soaks cling film in olive oil before it is used?!

In any case, within a few seconds expanding steam pushes the film up way above the fish (hence the need for piercing it). Only when the cooking is finished will the film collapse onto the fish. No oil is used.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Parchment paper works well for micro-cooking fish.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Presumably you piss in a bucket and leave it in the bedroom until it's at room temperature to save on the heating?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Because that way it doesn't sit around at room temp and breed bacteria. Same principle as keeping stuff in a fridge instead of in the cupboard.

I know that you're not supposed to re-freeze stuff that's

Again, because its had more time at other than freezing to breed bacteria.

and anyway, I'm still here even though I do it occasionally with

Yeah, its just a precaution, not guaranteed to kill you if you don't.

I spent one summer camping out in a remote area with no fridge with no shops anywhere near. We got the meat delivered by the mail man who came once a week. By the end of the week the chops could be quite green. Never came to any harm eating them.

Reply to
Steven

Yep

Steven

Ships crew who undergo survival training for a life raft in cold conditions are taught to piss in a polythene bag and insert between clothing until it has cooled down, same if they puke up. It might just make a difference to survival when every little bit of body heat must be retained as long as possible.

GH

Reply to
Marland

From where Yorkshire kids collect and send them to Tadcaster where the contents are repackaged as John Smiths.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Pah ,bloody amateurs. If you really want to be serious about such things then you should be filling as many plastic milk containers you have got room for and bung them out on the step overnight so they freeze ,and then put them in the fridge in the morning. Must be the 1/4 Cornish me.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Changing the name didn?t fool the people who look after HMS Belfast, the forward set of guns are still trained on the place.

GH

Reply to
Marland