Sandpaper for Makita 1/4 sheet sander?

Anyone got a good source for 1/4 sheet (114mm * 102mm) hook & loop (aka generic Velcro) abrasive pads? Ideally pre-punched with 2 rows of 3 holes to fit a Makita sander?

I tried an online trader Toolshop Direct but they seem to be in the business of attempting to organise the mass imbibing of intoxicating beverages in a fermentation production facility :-(

Reply to
John Stumbles

Only just bought the sander and still using the pack that came with it. May have to resort to what Screwfix suggest and buying rolls of paper and cutting them up and using with the machine's clamp mechanism. (And punching extract holes if I want them with the plastic gadget that came with the machine, until I lose that!)

Which wouldn't be the end of the world but the pre-cut pre-punched pads with hook & loop are just so convenient.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Depends how many sheets one's buying ...

... but probably no ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Would not a half sheet and a pair of scissors do the trick?

Reply to
John Rumm

Nah angle grinder ;-)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

========================= ================\

========================= ================/

You run the risk of blunting the scissors. Simply fold the sheet in half re peatedly to form a crease then with it folded rip it with the back of a kni fe, or a ruler or some-such. Feeling skilled ? Hang the folded edge alongsi de the work bench and rip the half off by tearing it downwards.

Reply to
fred

In article , fred writes

Given the appearance of your replies you should be the last person to offer advice on how to snip.

Reply to
fred

The serrated edge of a fine tooth (tenon) saw works better.

Reply to
Tim Lamb