sheet sander?

I own a ROS and am refinishing all the trim (eventually) in my house. Despite my hand that is tingling from the hours of vibration, it seems to be working ok. I'm wondering if a 1/4 sheet sander would be a better choice for this work? Is there a brand that is comfortable to run for long periods of time? The ROS is starting to wear on me. Thanks for any tips! Mark

Reply to
Werlax

I wonder if a belt sander might be warranted in this case.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Nope, the 1/4 sheet is not aggressive enough.

Scraper(s) would be my first choice, for those profiles that could handle 'em.

I'd also consider wearing a bicycling or weightlifter's padded palm glove to ease the tingle.

Reply to
George

I have a DW 1/4 sheet sander (DW411) and get lots of tingling in my hand. Do not think it is a size problem but a model design problem

Reply to
Phil Hansen

I just bought a ROS because sheet sanders are worthless. Sheet sanders just sit on top of the wood and vibrate until the sheet rips. With the ROS if you want to remove the material faster buy a coarser grit sanding pad.

Reply to
Eugene