1/2 sheet sander

What is your choice of 1/2 sheet sanders? My old craftsman is sick. Virgle

Reply to
Virgle Griffith

None. I don't use 1/2 sheet sanders. If I did, I would look at DeWalt, Makita, Porter Cable and even... Rigid. Some of the Rigid stuff actually gets pretty good reviews. Having said that, I'm not sure if any of those manufacturers even make a 1/2 sheet sander anymore.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

on 3/1/2005 12:50 PM Mike Marlow said the following:

I just picked up a lightly used PC 505 ½ sheet for $55. They ARE still in production and street price is around $170 or so plus tax and/or shipping.

VERY solid machine with - so far as I've been able to detect - minimal vibration transmitted to the operator. This feeling was mentioned in at least of a couple of the reviews I read and I found it to be the case.

Sucker's solid as a rock and the pad will use either adhesive backed sheets or clamped half sheets.

Suspect that if I were 30 years younger this would still be the ONLY half sheet sander I'd ever have to buy.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Cool - thanks for posting that. The 1/2 sheet sander should make a better tool for flattening out workpieces so it's good to see they're still out there.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Porter Cable 505 - have had one for many years - very satisfied with it's performance. Dave

TeamCasa

Thanks for all the replies.

Virgle

Reply to