quiet 1/4 sheet?

My 1/4 sheet sander is screaming at a unreal rate of speed and is ear ringing loud. Anyone have knowledge of a "quiet" machine in the 50.00 range?

Reply to
BErney1014

And it's only $20!

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

You're looking in the wrong aisle. What you need is called a card or cabinet scraper. (G) Better finish, much quieter, and under $10.

Cheers!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

ROFL!

That is so true. Choose between (a) wearing earmuffs to block out the noise of the screaming machine, getting dust in your eyes, up your nose, all over your clothing and *everywhere* else, and cleaning up by vacuuming your entire shop, or (b) hearing the gentle "shhhhhhhhhhk... shhhhhhhk" of the scraper with Beethoven or Mozart in the background on the shop stereo, and getting a pile of soft feathery shavings that you clean up with a broom and dustpan.

Not a difficult choice as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, Jim, you forgot to mention that a scraper is also faster, and cheaper to operate.

Doug Miller

Reply to
Bob Bowles

I use ear protection. It silences everything...machines, sanders, and screaming SWMBOs.

Reply to
Phisherman

my pc speedbloc is quiet. but it is about 80.00 but it has the least transmitted vibration of any sander.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Not to mention the fact that it can give you Popeye's forearms, if you want 'em. Huk-uk-uk-uk-uk!

Cheers!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Ayup. Pass the spinach, please.

Doug Miller

Sadly though, I have the wrists of Quentin Crisp, and so I'm stuck with the #80 8-(

Andy Dingley
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Sound deadening came with my senior citizen's card! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©