Sandpaper slips off sander.

Hi,

I have a Ryobi 1/4 sheet square sander. I bought it just a week ago. The first few days it worked fine but now the sandpaper start sliding off sideways almost immediately after I put a new sheet on. I tried cleaning it , but nothing seems to help. Doe anybody have any suggestions?

peter

Reply to
kaasman

spray adhesive.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

The paper has to be secured under a clamp arrangement when you put it on. You doing that?

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Contact the manufacturer. If there is a design fault, you should get some kind of fix or suggestion. I have a 1/4 sheet Black and Decker palm sander, still going strong after 15 years of use. My Porter Cable random orbit sander kept blowing off its dust canister, but after contacting Porter Cable, they sent me a new canister (new corrected design) that has stayed put. I have a Ryobi belt sander that has given good service for over 9 years.

Reply to
Phisherman

Yes, it has two clips to hold it. It starts slipping sideways out of one of them. Nothing seems wrong with them.

peter

Reply to
kaasman

Adjust the tension (somehow) Use adhesive sandpaper.

Reply to
JerryMouse

Reply to
Brian Homan

replying to kaasman, Linda wrote: On Youtube someone suggested simply adding a little sandpaper into each end. Gives it more to hold onto.

Reply to
Linda