Road signs

I think I saw on the Blackwall tunnel or suchlike in the past, dont think its there anymore, its a very rare sign, out of tune with our speed is evil, cycling is wonderful modern mindset.

Reply to
clumsy bastard

that's it, Dartford, not Blackwall. Can't think of anywhere else.

Reply to
clumsy bastard

that would be red/white/black with red slash across the pedestrian or just a pedestrian in a red circle, if its blue I think its a pedestrian route, so you must park and follow it on foot :-)

Reply to
clumsy bastard

Well, I tend to read this group for info but only join in now again when I feel I'm not out of my depth as I am on things like what kind of flange to fabricate for a metric widget so it fits a second hand imperial gizmo. so I probably had but am getting the idea gradually.

Reply to
clumsy bastard

no wonder people dont obey the speed limit, they should be bigger :-)

Reply to
clumsy bastard

more MOD

Reply to
clumsy bastard

ahh, sorry, I missed we were talking Oz

Reply to
clumsy bastard

You do like to act the idiot don't you. Read the damn posts and stop behaving like a childish idiot. I will give you a clue.. what does "all" mean? I may as well go back to ignoring you and treating you with contempt as you are just too stupid to argue with.

Reply to
dennis

IIRC you can't be fined for ignoring the red man in the UK, but you can for ignoring a duly authorised person telling you to wait. I assume they mean policeman.

Reply to
dennis

holiday route/diversion are yellow/black, what colour is "empty"?

bottom of page here "

"

Reply to
clumsy bastard

I might try that with the sign on All saints way, WB. It has a bus and a cycle in blue circle, but the buses still drive past it down the dual carriageway. ;-)

Reply to
dennis

IIRC there were some 20mph ones on a road that went right past the end of a runway.

Reply to
Mark

Well since most drivers don't know the difference either, it doesn't make much difference - you've got a 50/50 chance the idiot coming the other way will stop even if you do have priority.

Unless it's a woman in a BMW/Merc, a bus or white van man. I just hit the anchors anyway.

Reply to
hognoxious

Heh, yeah :-) Bad wording on my part... of course there's an extra test (although it might be interesting if there wasn't :-) but once licenced I don't believe there's any requirement to inform anyone when you're taking a sodding great tank out on a jolly down a residential street, is there?

Reply to
Jules

Five years? Yes, I'd go with that. Plus, compulsory eye tests.

Reply to
Adrian C

Adrian C

Thank you.

The yellow signs are what I meant. Sometimes they are filled in black andf other times they are not filled in at all and are just black and white suymbols. I think

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave

Reply to
Dave

They mean that you haven't quite grasped what the dozens of posts have been saying.

Reply to
Rod

No, they're not there for the emergency services, they are there for motorists who have been diverted from another (usually trunk road or motorway) route. The symbols don't have any meaning in themselves, i.e. there's no difference between filled or open square, triangle or circle. However each symbol marks a different alternative route.

When a pre-planned diversion is in operation signs will be placed which have messages specifying which classes of vehicle are to follow the diversion routes, some examples are:

DIVERSION AT NEXT JCT FOLLOW (CIRCLE) HGVS FOLLOW (SQUARE) WINDS - HGVS FOLLOW ( OPEN SQUARE) HIGH SIDED VEHS FOLLOW (OPEN TRIANGLE)

Another use is for Holiday Routes. When they are in operation drivers will be instructed to follow the appropriate symbol.

WTF this has to do with DIY, I cannot imagine.

Reply to
Steve Firth