Right angle driver attachments

Do these things actually work?

Also they vary wildly in price. Is this one worth getting?

It's certainly cheap enough, but do you need something to hold onto to stop the whole thing revolving?

Is it worth spending the extra for this:

And when it says impact rated for that second one, surely the impact is in the wrong direction?

It's only for the occasional job, including one coming up shortly where I will be drilling a few holes into bricks.

Reply to
GB

Bought one years ago. Not much use for driving screws as they would take three hands. One to hold the drill, one to hold the rt angke attachment and one to hold the screw while its being started. I lust after the Festool drill with various heads especially the offset head. Bosch have their version of this now. Trouble is with 8 cordless drills its hard to justify another one :-(

Reply to
fred

It's a reason I've hung onto an ancient Wicks cordless drill. The chuck sorts of unpluggs and the right angle drive locks in its place, locked to the body in a position you choose. The chuck then clips back on to the right angle drive. So the drill can be used one handed if needed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Personally I prefer to have a chuck for versatility. Either of those in your links would require an extension in most places for a short bit. I have one from Aldidl - rough as hell from new, but stripped down and lubed it's good. Having a chuck is useful for drilling holes through joists etc.

Reply to
PeterC

I saw one in Lidl a while ago, but unfortunately didn't buy it.

This one looks similar and has good reviews:

I think the Lidl equivalent was a couple of quid cheaper. OTOH, I'd have mislaid it by now. :/

Reply to
GB