Replacement cooker hood and gas hob

Advice needed...

We are currently thinking of replacing our current cooker hood and gas hob. Problem is that the distance from the hood to the hob is currently

620mm (approx.) (note that the hood and hob were installed by the previous owners, not us...) The hood can't be raised without a complete re-design of the kitchen.

I believe the current regulations state that the distance should be 750 (or is it 760) mm.

Do we have any chance of getting a CORGI fitter to put in a replacement gas hob, or should we forget about gas and switch to electric (the hood we're thinking about isn't as tall as our current hood - we'll just about make the 650mm required for electric hobs...)

any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
steven

In what way couldn't the "hood be raised" (or a different type fitted?)? What sort is it?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but ISTR this distance isn't laid down in stone but is specified by the manufacturers of a particular hood and/or hob. I doubt you have the installation manuals given that they were fitted by previous owners, but it might be worth looking into?

David

Reply to
Lobster

David

thanks for the reply

There are cupboards directly above the hood - so to raise the hood we'd have to move the cupboards...

Lobster wrote:

Reply to
steven

You need to find a hob and hood pair which both mutually accept a clearance of 620mm. This is not impossible.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The default in the absence of instructions to the contrary is 760mm.

Reply to
Ed Sirett