Removal of CH pump motor head

I need to remove the motor head of one of the central heating circulator pumps at home.

The pump is a WILO Star RS25/7

I have removed the two screws that attach the head to the body but the two parts are still firmly attached to each other.

I have put WD-40 and other similar sprays that are supposed to help with stuck parts.

I have used a flat bit screwdriver in between the two parts at the corners.

I have not tried light hammering or other more forceful measures for fear of damaging the pump or the piping around it.

What should I try?

For the other two, smaller, Wilo pumps in the house, after removing the two screws the head came out relatively easily.

Thanks,

Antonio

Reply to
asalcedo

Make sure there are not 4 screws retaining the head.

Striking fairly hard with a rubber mallet or placing a piece of wood on it and hitting with a hammer will usually dislodge a stubborn pump head.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

A gentle tap on the side with a soft mallet will probably do the trick.

Buy WHY do you want to remove it?

Reply to
Roger Mills