CH pump leak

I have a leak in a central heating pump. There appear to be 2 pumps in line. Both are SMC, one (the one that is not leaking) is a SMC Comet 2 controller. I cannot tell what the other one is but it is an SMC but a different shape. They are 15 years+ old. The leaking pump has a cylindrical part with 3 large phillips screws in it. It also has 4 small holes in it. I don't know why they are there but water was dripping out of the bottom two, so something must have given up the ghost in the pump I presume. In true DIY fashion, I blocked the holes as a tempory measure, but water then started to come out of a couple of other places. If anyone knows if this is a small straightfoward job to fix myself then that will be good. Alternatively, any contrary advice along the lines of "don't be silly/tight - get a plumber and new pump now", then that will also be heeded. Thanks in anticipation (but the carpet can't take much more water!) Keith.

Reply to
keithwheeler

Any chance of a picture of this second 'pump'?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
keithwheeler